Friday, February 12, 2010

Libertarians

Libertarians have always been somewhat interesting to me. But lately, people that want to sound fancy and get attention do not call themselves Democrat or Republican, they call themselves Libertarian. Now I do not have a problem with anyone being Democrat, Republican, or "Libertarian". What I do have a problem with is people identifying themselves in a party but not agreeing with what they are all about. Dede Skozzafava is a special case because I do believe her to be a Republican, but when people call themselves libertarian but want bigger government, that is direct hypocrisy. A true Libertarian would not want any campaign finance reform, public option in heath care, health care reform or anything else involving government in their lives. Even having police is a little fishy to me when in the shoes of a Libertarian. All I'm trying to say is be who you are and don't try to hide it by putting "moderate" or "libertarian" in your facebook for example if you are anything but those.

No comments:

Post a Comment